DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

To Watch or Not to Watch

I vividly remember the first time that I watched an episode of Beverly Hills 90210. I was in 8th grade. It was the episode where Brenda volunteers for a teen crisis line. I have no idea how I got our family's one television to myself that night, but I made sure I got it every episode after that. I used many tactics I wasn't necessarily proud of, including throwing a temper tantrum at the age of 13 (as only teen age girls can do) and bossing my younger siblings around. It was totally and completely worth the trouble though. I faithfully watched that show from that night until the last episode, the wonderful wedding of Donna and David we had all waited a decade for.

My favorite was Dillon, that James Dean look alike. I desperately wanted to bear Luke Perry's children. I copied the hairstyles of Kelly and Claire, but especially Donna. I sobbed when Dillon cried after his wife was killed. I LOVED THIS SHOW.

Actually I still love it. I watched it on FX when they first started reairing episodes, and now I watch it daily on Soap Net. All of my boys cringe when they hear the theme music, but they know it is one show the queen bee insists on watching.

And now, on September 2nd, the CW will air a spin off show (called 90210) on September 2nd. It features two of the original cast, Brenda and Kelly. I am torn about whether or not to watch. It could NEVER live up to the original. It can't even come close. But I am curious. I just don't know. I'll probably watch it just to see Brenda and Kelly again. Now, if it was starring the original cast, I would be there in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny. I wasn't the biggest fan back then, but I've been watching in on the computer for a while now just for kicks.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0