DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Creation

I finished up my classroom today, planned for the first two weeks of school, and plowed through a mountain of small jobs and paperwork. While I was hacking away at the pile, it occurred to me that a classroom is a like a piece of art. The walls and displays, arranging the furniture just so to accommodate the learning styles and traffic patterns of 32 people, making it seem like a little piece of home so it's comfortable, and making it into the home base of a new community. It takes a lot of work, a lot of planning, a lot of materials, and (I think anyway) some talent.

It is also the one area that no one said ANYTHING about in college. Never once. Not in either teacher's college of the two I attended. They just leave you to muddle through.

I am so glad that I had good mentor teachers to help me through it the first time! I have been watching the newbies spin their wheels this week, and thanking God for putting angels in my path when I started.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0