DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 04, 2008

Back to the Grind

Well, I blasted trough my classroom today like a whirling dervish. I am not exactly crystal clear on what that is, but it sounds like something that moved as fast as I did today. When I came in, the walls were bare, and the furniture was in a pile at one end of the room. When I left, the walls were complete, the desks arranged, and the centers and materials were in their spots. I have a few odds and ends to attend to tomorrow morning, and then I can roll up my sleeves and plan out the first two weeks of school. I am PROUD of myself.

Actually, I had an assistant whirling dervish named Evan. He had 2 hours of Jump Start classes this morning, but I enlisted him into active classroom duty the rest of the day. I am liking the age of 9. He can really be a huge help. He didn't even complain. I like that kid! He may turn into a successful adult yet.

And where were those pesky screaming toddlers you ask? My rock star husband took two days off from work so I could set up my classroom in peace. Didn't I catch the best guy?! I know it!

I am feeling less nervous about school starting, but not any more excited.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0