DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy in Harlan

We all headed up for the day to see Jeff's family in Harlan. We thought it would be a good way to distract Evan (and me) from our back to school nerves. We had a BLAST!

First, we stopped at Jeff's Aunt Sarah's house, where we "tied on the feedbags" (as Jeff would say) and had a delicious roast beef lunch. Afterwards, Grandpa John and Jeff took the boys to the park while I chatted with the family and helped to clean up. After the boys had been gone for about 2 hours, Sarah and I decided to go hunt them down. We found them at Grandpa John's house. I could hear shrieking laughter coming from the backyard, and as I turned the corner I saw Evan zipping around like Speed Racer on a 3 wheeler, and I saw my not quite 2 year old Sammy DRIVING at breakneck speed (or so it seemed to me) around the yard in one of the motorized toy Jeeps. Charlie was riding shotgun, hanging on for dear life. I was stunned. How does he know how to do that? It was so cute though...all five of those boys-big and little-were having a purely male good time.


They were shrieking so loudly that Christi's mom came out from across the street to investigate. When Charlie and Sammy saw her coming they both deserted their Jeep and came running at her yelling, "Grandma!!!" I guess they know a good grandma when they see one! I did admit to Christi's mom that some valium might be nice to calm my nerves while watching my toddlers race around in cars.

We stopped to take this picture, which includes four generations of Kleffmans...

Aunt Sarah then went to Dairy Queen and brought back ice cream cones for the kids, which they loved, but let me tell you they were already brimming with sugar and energy. It served as fuel for round two of running amok through Grandpa John's house. Luckily he loves all three of them to bits, and doesn't care at all. In fact, he is right in the middle of it. That man has more energy than Jeff and I put together!

It was so much fun, and I am so glad I talked Jeff into spending the gas on the trip. A perfect way to spend our last "free" weekend. This was the view from the backseat on the way home...

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0