DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh My Glory

I had a session with my personal trainer yesterday. He has had me doing a lot of weight lifting and squats for awhile now, but yesterday he added a new twist. I have to stand on these things that look like half of an exercise ball while squatting or lifting. He says it is supposed to "engage your core muscles" and make the exercise harder.

Boy did it. I am so sore today that I can hardly take care of my children. It is torture to lower myself into a chair, and even more hellacious to get back up. My muscles are SCREAMING. I have never been this sore after working out before. I can't even go up and down stairs. Is this worth it? No, I think not.

I am off to soak in the jacuzzi, down some ibuprofen, and pray like hell this gets better by the morning.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0