DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Elvera

My siblings and I went to the funeral of our Great Aunt Elvera this morning. It was another sad occasion, and I felt particularly bad for my Grandma Rose, who not only had to bury a sister today, but had to do it on her birthday. Grandma is a young 87 today. I am hoping the rest of the day will bring her some happiness.

It was awfully strange being at an important family event without my parents there. I thought we pulled it off rather well, by remembering to order flowers and to give a memorial from our family. Sarah and I sat with our Grandma, and hoped we could kind of take the place of my mom and Aunt Connie, who are still in Ireland.

I did manage to squeeze in a trip to a teacher supply store before the funeral, as they were having their annual back to school teacher sale. I managed to save $15, which is great because it kills Jeff how much teachers have to spend out of their own pockets on their classrooms. Especially when we are paid such large buckets of money. Not!!!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0