DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday: WARNING! Whining Ahead

It's Wednesday. The dreaded weigh in day.

I am flat out-TOTALLY-discouraged.

This week I worked my butt off. I exercised harder, and more consistently than I have in years. I drank loads of water each day. I ate salads galore. I didn't cheat. I shredded and shredded and shredded. Jillian Michaels totally kicked my butt. And for what?!

A measly loss of .5 pounds.

I truly did everything right this week. For a payout of nothing.

This is exactly why dieting and exercise are excruciatingly difficult for me. When I try my very hardest, and give it my very best nothing happens. I know I screwed over my metabolism when I was anorexic in high school, but it's been almost 15 years. Shouldn't it be getting back to normal? I can't even tell you how this makes me feel. I also have an urge to maybe cut out a meal or two. Or do something that I know would get me into trouble. But I'm not. I learned that lesson long ago, but oh boy the temptation to starve at times like this is terrible. It is like being in the worst of nicotine cravings.

So here are my terrible numbers.
Last week: 177.3
This week:176.8

Depressing.

2 comments:

april said...

Aww, don't get discouraged! As frustrating as it is, you just have to keep at it!! It'll pay off! I promise!

John and Teresa said...

Press on! It's always discouraging in the beginning because your body is adjusting to a different diet and kind of fights back at first. Next week will probably make up for it.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0