DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Can I Still Think on My Feet?

I just spent the last hour preparing for my upcoming testing session for my NBPTS certification. They have an online tutorial that you can do ahead of time to prepare you for the format of the test, which is on computer. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you any sample questions.

There are several sections to the test, in which they apparently give you situational essay questions to answer, with a 30 minute time limit for each section.

I never felt nervous taking standardized tests in high school or college. I felt secure in my ability to take tests and to remain calm during testing. I usually passed the first time around with a score I was happy with.

It's been so long since I have had to do anything like this though, that the closer it gets, the more nervous I become. Do I still have what it takes? What if I have no idea how to answer one of the questions? I am a little nervous taking this as a private school teacher. Because we don't have the funds available to public schools, I don't get to go to a lot of continuing education inservices or opportunities like I did when I taught for the public schools. I don't feel like I am on the cutting edge of the education field anymore. I am terrified I will get asked about something I haven't been exposed to because of where I teach. Can I still bullshit my way through an essay?

I wish I could somehow snatch up my 20 year old self and transport her to the testing center on April 25th. I'd feel a lot better if she were taking the test.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0