DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

C'EST FINIS!

My brains were mashed this morning from 7:45 until 11:00. The test was the hardest exam I have ever had to take.

There were six sections, and all six were situational essay questions that had several parts. I had only 30 minutes to answer each section. I've always felt like I am a good standardized test taker, and I've always finished timed sections early. NOT so today. I went right up to the deadline every time.

The test I took was for early childhood educators, and two of the sections were on topics that I would never teach to a K-2 student. I am not sure that I agree with the questions asked, but I did my best to answer them. These two topics were so off the wall, and what I consider to be too advanced for my level of student, I haven't ever taught them, or even really thought about them since college. So, I am not feeling terribly confident about how things went. Three of the sections I feel great about, three I am worried about.

The kicker? I found out today that I will not find out scores for my exam or the portfolio I submitted in January until DECEMBER 31st!!!!

I guess I need to work hard to put this to bed and not worry about it. Easier said than done. The good news? I AM DONE!!!!! No big projects over the summer, except lazing in the sun. I can't wait!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0