DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

And a Good Weekend Was Had By All

We've had a splendid time around here the last couple of days. Friday was rather excruciating for me, as I had to help with a Book Bowl competition at school. The event itself was fun to help with, but days where I don't get to see my kids for more than the half hour it takes to get them dressed and to school are just plain awful for me. Sometimes I am tempted to go into their room and wake them up to play when I get home. It also meant I got a late start on my laundry, which is never a good idea around here.

We made up for it Saturday morning though when we went Boingz! for our cousin Bryce's 2nd birthday party. All three boys had a great time jumping in the bounce houses.

Saturday night was pure pleasure. Jeff and I had date night together, the first time we have been out in months. We went to see Bill Cosby perform live at the Orpheum Theater in downtown Omaha. I am such a big fan of Mr. Cosby that I seriously would have been happy if he had just came on stage and sat down and said nothing. Just to be able to say I was in the same room with him was enough for me.

He came out in sweat pants, a hoodie sweatshirt that said "Hello Friend" on the front, and blue crocs. Wouldn't that be great to be so comfy while you are on stage? The only thing on stage was a chair and a table, and he sat in the chair and talked to all of us as if we had always been friends. He told HIGHLARIOUS stories for 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I am not kidding you-my stomach hurt when it was all over. I have never ever laughed that hard for that long.

We went out to dinner at Red Lobster afterwards for Lobstah fest, and I totally indulged and had a lobster tail and garlic jumbo shrimp. TO DIE FOR. I have 2 extra inches on my hips to prove it.

My totally awesome father in-law came down to watch the kids, and they just are over the moon in love with him, so the boys had a good date night too. The only downside is that Papa John never comes empty handed, so he had loads of junkfood loot with him. This morning I opened my fridgerator door to see a bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms staring me in the face. THERE IS NOT A YUMMIER CANDY!!!! This will not help my diet. So far I have avoided them. I will be pushing them on the boys for desert tonight in self preservtion.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0