DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Potty Training Woes

I realize that anyone who doesn't know me and who has read this blog lately might think I have just one child from the amount of time I spend writing about Charlie. He is truly a puzzle to me in many ways right now, and sadly for the other two kids, takes up most of my energy. Sammy and Evan just seem like sweet angels in comparison. Jeff and I ordered a book called Toddler Taming that arrived yesterday, and we spent last night reading and strategizing.

I just stopped into daycare to give Charlie his after lunch hug, and found that his teacher had put him in big boy undies, and he had kept them dry all morning long. He is telling her when he has to go, and is now what I would call completely potty trained. But. ONLY HERE AT SCHOOL. At home, he will only agree to sit on the pot when asked about 60% of the time. He will periodically tell me "Potty!" but that usually means that he has already gone. He does have one successful potty at home about once a day, and tries a few times inbetween, but that's about it. I know that he is obviously capable of doing a better job, since he does just that at school. I think I must be doing something wrong at home to make it unsuccessful but I can't figure out what.

And this is silly, but I am SO sad that I wasn't the one to put him in underwear for the first time. Sniff.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0