DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 03, 2008

How the tanking economy is effecting the Kleffmans...

by making us spend $451.00 at the grocery store! Granted, this will last us a month, but they still had to scoop me up off the floor of Bakers today after the cashier told me the total. I got basically the same things we always need, which usually runs us about $350. Add this to my list of reasons why I can't be a stay at home mom-my kids eat too much. Between this and gas prices, we may have to give up something. I don't know what yet, but something.

Other mundane details from my Saturday...

1. John Kleffman came today and fixed our back door. Over the winter our patio rose up so much that it buckled the frame of the sliding glass door, and busted out the siding that was facing around it. I don't know how he did it, but everything is back to normal. Jeff and I are really going to be in a pickle when our dads are too old to help us out.

2. I mowed the lawn today. It is my pride and joy. John even said when he came in that it is so green it almost looks fake. Yeah for me!

3. On the way home from church tonight Evan announced to car in general "I have arm pit hair!" "Oh!" I said, trying to guess exactly what I was supposed to say to that. "I hadn't wanted to say anything before because I was embarrassed." He said next. So, we had a talk about being proud of our arm pit hair because it was a sign that he is growing up to be a man. Which made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

4. At the first grade auditions for the talent show last week, I fell in love with a group called The Plain White Ts. Which apparently every teenager on the face of the earth already know about, but hey, I'm middled aged now so I am allowed to be behind the times. A little boys sang along to this song called Delilah that they sing, and I started crying it was so beautiful. I just used iTunes for the first time to add it to my iPod and I am loving it.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0