DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Welcome to the Family, Ray

We did it. We took the plunge and adopted a cat from the Humane Society today. It has been about 10 years since I've owned a cat, but I am quickly remembering why I love them.

How did we know Ray belonged with us? Because when we went to the Get Acquainted room he sat completely still and very calmly while Sammy screamed "Doggy! DOGGY!!" and threw himself at him. He continued to sit still and be patient while Charlie squealed in happiness and "petted" him (aka slapped a little too hard). When Evan finally made his way through the crowd of toddlers, Ray licked my little Evan's face and started to purr. And, he made my husband smile and giggle, just like he was one of the little guys. In short, we fell in love in about 5 minutes. I loved how Ray made eye contact with me over my children's heads and seemed to say "These people are nuts, aren't they?" He understands me already.

He is completely black except for a white tip on his tail, with mysterious green eyes. I will post a picture once I get a few.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0