DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pampering

I went and had a day of Mommy to be pampering this morning! My sister and her husband gave me a gift certificate to Xenon Beauty School for Christmas, so this morning bright and early at 8:00 I went and got my hair colored, highlighted, and cut. Gotta look great for those labor and delivery pictures, right? The thing I love about this place is that because they are still beauty students, they go REALLY slowly. I cannot think of anything more relaxing than having my hair done, or combed, etc. I didn't leave until 12:15! I know this would drive some people nuts, but I just found it so relaxing to sit there and relax while someone did my hair. It was exactly what I needed right now. Jeff was really nice and watched Evan while I went. It is so nice to not feel alone during this pregnancy, and to have someone supporting me, even if it is just in little ways like watching Evan, or making sure I am resting enough.

Evan was not pleased with the results (it is amazing how strongly he does not want me to change my appearance-it really bothers him) but everyone else, including me, has said it looks nice. I feel better, which is the important thing. It is nice to have some part of me feel beautiful while the rest feels humongous and dopey. Of course, Jeff knows that I will probably burst into a bout of hormone induced tears if he said he didn't like it, so maybe I shouldn't trust his compliments right now!!

I've just finished watching the 3rd season of Dallas (yes, I know this is a silly show to watch, but Jeff has me hooked-it's all his fault). The last episode of the 3rd season is the famous one where JR gets shot by an unknown assailant. I can hardly stand to wait to find out who it is!!! The 4th season won't be released on DVD until January 24th, so I have to wait two weeks. Jeff also told me today that they don't reveal the killer until about 5 episodes into the next season!!! UGH. I hope Charlie is a Dallas fan.


No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0