DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 06, 2006

Manners

I had this weird situation happen to me the other day, and I have been thinking about it ever since. My awesome friend Christi (I cannot mention enough times in this blog how awesome she is-I am so glad to know another Mom, especially one like Christi, while I go through my pregnancy) is having a baby shower for me next Saturday. I belong to a Quilt Group named the Grateful Thread (isn't that cute?) and I am really close with most of the members. We meet around 2 times a month, and quilt together, share life, etc. Last month we had a new member join us. She is incredibly nice, but I have only met her twice, and we don't really know each other yet. I did not include her on the guest list to the shower because of this, but I did invite the rest of the group. I have a huge family, and I was trying not to invite everyone and their great aunt once removed friend's neighbor, and I wanted to keep the list manageable and full of people who really mean a lot to me. Anyway, a member of the quilt group called the other day and left a message on my machine telling me to send this new member an invitation. Not even asking, TELLING. My question is...is this rude? I felt like it was-I cannot imagine calling anyone and demanding an invitation anywhere! She did help to make a baby quilt that the group worked on collectively and is bringing as a gift to the shower. I can see where maybe because of this she felt that she needed to be invited. But still...it just feels weird to me. Am I wrong?

1 comment:

Adam said...

I think you should un-invite (devite?) the one who told you you have to invite her!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0