DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Wow! The first day of 2006. I can't believe how quickly last year passed for me. (Maybe because there were so many huge changes in our family and life?) I usually put part of this day aside to think about New Year's Resolutions, but I just feel like I don't know where to start this year. There is so much I could improve on like...loose the baby weight I've gained with Charlie (although I am doing much better this pregnancy, only 22 pounds!)...work on being a better Mom, and balancing two children's needs...work on being a better wife and balancing the two children's needs with my husbands needs (not to mention my own needs!)...work on some professional goals at school...YIKES! I feel overwhelmed just thinking about picking one over the other. They all seem equally important. I am a one goal person though. I need one thing to work on really well, or I end up doing nothing well.

Jeff came home from Colorado and visiting his mom, step father, and sister yesterday. He got in about 6:45. I was feeling like a big slug, so we just spent New Year's vegging at home, which was what I really needed after all the excitement of the holidays. Jeff must have been tired from his drive, because he disappeared off to bed way before midnight. So, Evan and I rang in the New Year together. Evan was bound and determined to make it to midnight with his eyes open, and he did it! He paid for it this morning by needing to sleep in until 11:15, but what they hey. It only comes once a year, right? I think this is the first year he is really aware of what a "new year" really means, so it was fun to share that with him. We watched The Incredibles to keep ourselves awake until the big moment. We were diappointed Jeff was too tired to join us, but maybe next year.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0