DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 23, 2006

An Old Friend and Baby Obsessed

I hope no one minds that my next few entries are a bit baby obsessed. My world has shrunk down to the walls of our house and the lives of my kids. Which right now for me is heaven! Jeff keeps asking me if I am getting stir crazy and need to leave the house (which is so thoughtful of him) but I really have about zero inclination to do so. I am definitely in the middle of the baby blues (unfortunately for Jeff and Evan) and keep crying at the drop of a hat about stupid things, but both of my bigger boys have been trying to be exceptionally understanding about the whole thing. Evan has been doing his darndest to adjust to all of the changes in his life, and has been trying so hard to be a helper and a good listener. I know he is missing our time together, so I try and do at least one thing just us with him everyday. We try to compliment him as much as possible too, so he is motivated to keep trying.

Charlie is getting over his jaundice, and is getting to be a better eater a little bit every day. We go in for a weight check tomorrow to make sure he isn't losing too much. He is having a bit of a hard time sleeping at night, but I guess that is to be expected. We took our first trip to Grandma's house yesterday to have Charlie's birth announcement pictures taken by a family friend who is a photographer. They came out SOO well! It was nice to go over to my parent's too, if only for a bit.

Last night I got the chance to see an old friend I haven't seen in years, Jeff Lukens, and to meet his girlfriend Megan. It was so nice to see both of them! They came over with our friends the Kochs. Megan was so sweet and nice, and it was great to catch up with Jeff. It was also nice to have some of the outside world come in the door! Thanks for coming to see us and meet Charlie guys!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0