DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Details...

Lots of people have been asking me for details on Tuesday, so I thought I would add them here.
We have to be at the hospital at 6:00 A.M. (Blech...) My doctor wants me to be on my Pitocin IV by 6:30. The doctor is going to be doing a c-section at 9:00, and she said she would stop by to break my water before that, and that should really start things humming (it did with Evan anyway). She told me that since I am already dilated to 4 cm, that labor should progress pretty quickly, which is always a plus. She was guestimating about 6 to 7 hours total. I hope she's right! I was in labor for 13 hours with Evan! We will be delivering at Lakeside Hospital, which Jeff views as the Tajma Hall. When we took our tour there, he was of the opinion that we should have gone there on our honeymoon, instead of goofy Jamaica. It IS a nice hospital, which I am excited about. Evan was born at UNMC, which looks like a hell hole in comparison. They even have room service there (which they didn't in Jamaica, and Jeff LOVES). We will be calling all to let you know how it goes-hopefully by mid afternoon. I suppose I should be practicing my breathing the next couple of days, but it makes me feel ridiculous, like a cow in heat. Hopefully Jeff was paying attention in our birthing classes, because I know I won't remember a thing once things get rolling. One reason I married Jeff was because I knew he could keep me entertained during labor. I won't be lacking for distractions! I also want to wish my awesome Godson Colin a very happy and blessed 1st Birthday! I can't believe it has been a year already since he came into the world. I feel very lucky to be a part of this little one's life, and I can't wait to see what he does during the next year.

1 comment:

Adam said...

"... she said she would stop by to break my water before that" makes it seem so nonchalant!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0