DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Drum Roll Please...

I had my 38 week check today and......I find out when Charlie's birthday will be! But you will have to keep reading to find out. No fair skipping to the end. I had to wait and so should you! = ) I told her all about my weird cramps and how I had been feeling, and she was so sympathetic, I almost had tears in my eyes. It was nice to have her understand and listen so closely. She thinks that I actually was in labor both Saturday and Sunday night, but that there is something about the size or position of the baby that is preventing me from sustaining labor on my own. She feels like I need to have the help of some Pitocin to keep things going, and she doesn't want Charlie to get to much bigger. Usually she will not induce until women have reached 40 weeks to make sure of the gestational age of the baby, but because Jeff and I were charting my temperatures and are positive about my day of ovulation and conception she feels comfortable inducing him....next Tuesday! So, unless I manage to go on my own before then, Charlie's birthday will be January 17, 2006. She actually wanted to schedule it for this Friday, but I am DETERMINED to make it to my baby shower!!!! And, believe it or not, I am going to hold parent/teacher conference on Monday, the day before I give birth! I can only hope someone in the raise department says, "Holy Cow! What a dedicated teacher! She needs to get paid more!!" Yeah, right. She did think there is a 50/50 chance of me achieving spontaneous labor before then, so I guess it could still change, but at least I know the end is in sight. Please keep us in your prayers on Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Maybe you'll go into labor the day you were supposed to be induced, like Christi did.

I can't wait to meet Charlie!

Christi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*so excited I can't put together a proper comment*

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0