DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm Still Alive...But Barely!!

It has been a long time since my last post! That is because this has been the week from hell. Students came back to school on Monday, so I am back to work full time. I love my new class, it is full of sweet, curious, six year olds. It is absolutely amazing to me though how much energy it requires every day to corral and teach a classroom of 30 of these people. You get a little soft over the summer, and you kind of have to work up to it again. The sad thing for me this year is...I don't have enough energy to keep a flea going! I have been in bed by 8:45 or 9:00 every night. To top things off, I got a nasty head cold on Wednesday.But enough complaining! I am off to enjoy the weekend. I have started a new quilt. My grandma has been asking for a new comforter for her bed for Christmas, so my mom thought of her and I making her a quilt instead. I am always so excited when I start a new project!! I am in love with this one. It is a design called Granny's Bloomers, and we are using all authentic antique fabric from the 30s and 40s (a personal passion and favorite of mine). In the center of each flower in the design, we are sewing one of my grandma's buttons that she has collected through the years. I hope it is exciting for her to see the fabric from her youth, and the buttons she collected. I am hoping I can get a lot done on it this weekend. It is so nice to quilt right now, since sitting is my heart's favorite activity. As soon as I do too much it is off and zooming at high speeds!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0