DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Family, Family, and More Family

Today the 3 of us went down to Lake Wa-Con-Da (south of Plattsmouth) where two of my uncles have cabins for a family reunion. It was nice to see some of my great aunts/uncles etc. that aren't around very often. A lot of them were at the wedding, but I didn't get a chance to really talk to them. That is the bad thing about being the bride or groom at a wedding. You have about 10 seconds with each guest. Just enough time to say hi and thanks for coming. It was sad for me to see some people I rarely get to talk to for 10 seconds. While we were there, Jeff and I made our big announcement to the Micek side of the family. I think they were a little shocked at first, but REALLY excited and supportive. My dad has started a "grandchildren race" with his 8 brothers and sisters. It's funny that in a family of 10 children, he is already in 3rd place with four grandkids. His goal of course is 1st, which would require the four of us in my family to produce 12 kids!!! I guess that is only 3 apiece, but we'll see. Might not be too hard, since my brother in law Luke really wants at least 6, but more like 8. Jeff and I are shooting for 4, so I guess maybe we have my dad covered. It is funny to see how competetive he is with his siblings about EVERYTHING!!! I can't wait until my sister tells them her big news too. So many babies, so little time!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0