DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 05, 2009

Stress

It is amazing how quickly life can go from a calm, fun, relaxing time with your family to major stress.

We had the best two weeks off from school. Charlie returned to being his normal cheerful self. We had a few temper tantrums, but they were short lived, and not every day.

When we went back to school today he immediately returned to his horrible evenings. He is so tired when he comes back from school he has one long temper tantrum every day from the time we get home to the time dinner is on the table. A tantrum that includes screaming, crying, banging his head on the floor, and tonight-slamming Sammy's hand in the door. All five fingers. I was hoping maybe we had broken the tantrum habit over break, but apparently not.

Sammy was in a terrible mood too, which is unusual for him unless he is sick.

Evan was in a tizzy from the time I picked him up from After School care. Apparently some of his friends there had reminded him that he had forgotten to complete a large English project over break, which is of course due tomorrow. He was completely opposed to doing his eye therapy when we got home because he was so worried about his project. Add that to being overtired due to getting up at his regular wake up time, and you have one sassy grumpy 10 year old.

And to top it all off-it's tax season again in our household, which equals Jeff not getting home until 7:30 or 8:00 everynight. I had no idea what I was signing up for when I married an accountant.

So, I am backed to being pooped and disgusted. I am going to try hard to stay positive and recapture some of that vacation calm I had yesterday. I am praying hard all three of my boys are in better moods tomorrow.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0