DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 09, 2009

Hmmm....

We had Godfather's Pizza delivered for dinner tonight. As I opened the door to the delivery man, Sammy poked his head out the door and said, "Oh! You bring McDonald's for Sammy!" Luckily the guy got a chuckle out of it.

Charlie, my child with the appetite of a bird, ate three pieces of Hawaiian pizza. Even the pineapple! When he was finished he declared, "My tummy feels so happy!" That's what it feels like to be full, buddy!

Today Sammy proclaimed that the name for an ambulance is a happy mint. What's sad is that the stuff he says is so funny that you can't help saying it yourself. So, today we talked about riding in an alligator, seeing a happy mint on the road, and about why owls growl.

This is the first weekend of the 2009 tax season at our house. Jeff works for a large company here in town as a tax accountant. It's corporate taxes, not personal, which is good since I hear the hours there are worse. God bless the spouses of each and every personal tax accountant!!! BUT...it is not a fun time non the less. In previous years, they have hired on extra people during tax time to help with the work load, but this year with the bad economy they will be doing all the work themselves. FUN!!! Even more hours! I am just thrilled.

BUT!

In my effort to have a thankful and merry heart, here is what I am focusing on, with a smile on my face. Please ignore the fact that my smile may be pasted on top of gritted teeth. I am new to this thankful bit! I am working into it slowly. So without further ado, here's my list.

1. I am thankful my husband has a job during these tough times.
2. I am thankful that his job is one he is loves, and provides him with personal satisfaction.
3. I am thankful the job allows us to have a comfortable home in a safe neighborhood.
4. I am thankful my husband has a strong work ethic, and that it is important to him to provide for and protect his family.
5. I am thankful that I have lots of family close by who help me out with the kids when the going gets rough for me during tax time.
6. I am thankful to have Jeff period, no matter what his job and the hours it requires of him.

See! I feel much better already. I am going to chant these tomorrow as Jeff goes in to work and I am missing him. My book also recommends playing music and dancing as you do your work to help lift your mood, so I have organized a kitchen dance party with my kids Saturday morning.

There is a family at my school that lost it's husband and father this week very unexpectedly. He was only 47 years old. I cannot stop thinking about and praying for the mother who is now left alone with her three children. I can't imagine having so much life still ahead of you without your spouse to walk through it with you at your side. It really put a lot of things in perspective. Who cares about long work hours? I am lucky enough to have my husband here on earth, and that is what's important.

1 comment:

Christy M. said...

Ahhhh, tax season. See, we're on the flip side. My husband (and I!) own our own businesses. Up until 2 years ago, I did all of the accounting for his business, and S-Corp. It would take me hours and hours a day for a solid week to get it all figured out (um, I'm a graphic designer, not an accountant!). Oh, the headaches.

Thank goodness for corporate tax accountants like your husband, is all I can say. THANK GOODNESS!

I hope the season passes soon! I know how hard it is to not have the husband at home!

p.s. Please share the name of the book you're reading! I'd love to check it out.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0