DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful time last night. We had my parents over for a deluxe turkey dinner. Jeff had picked up a 22 pound turkey at the store that I knew we would never be able to finish ourselves, so I thought it a good reason to celebrate, and have a party. I made turkey, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, stuffing, and my mom made her yummy gravy. Delicious-and the best part? Leftovers! I am NOT cooking today. We didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family this year, so it was nice. A belated thankful celebration.

After the toddlers were tucked into bed, Evan and I headed over to my sister's house, where she and Luke had invited over just their siblings and their spouses to ring in the new year. It was a lot of fun. A lot of fun too to see Luke's brother and sister. When we were in high school and college we spent a lot of time together, like going to church, and doing various things with Luke and Sarah, and it was nice to see everyone again. Luke and his brother Steve taught Evan a new card game called 31, and I could tell he felt like such a big guy playing with the grownup boys. And the real miracle? We both stayed awake until midnight! That hasn't happened since before Charlie was born.

And, I feel like I achieved a small part of my new year's resolution in going. I am terrified to go out on New Year's Eve. I am always intensely worried about driving with all of the intoxicated people on the roads. Which I know doesn't make much sense logically, so I felt good that I conquered a fear, and made time for family and friends. Courage is a great way to ring in 2009!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0