DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 02, 2009

C'est Finis!

This morning I drove all three of my boys over to my mom and dad's house for the day. My wonderful parents had offered to watch them so that I could have an uninterrupted day to work on finishing my portfolio for National Teacher Certification. I was SOOOOO thankful they offered. It gave me the motivation to get started and just get it done. I was so overwhelmed at the thought of having to sort through all the directions and finalize everything, but knowing I had to use my day wisely kicked my butt in gear and helped me to get it done.

I have to admit though...as I drove away from their house, alone in the car as I never am, I had the intense urge to GO SHOPPING! TAKE A NAP! WATCH TV! BE LAZY WITHOUT THE KIDS! I am never, ever, never alone and being so made me giddy.

I resisted temptation though and worked the whole day through. Eight hours later, without even stopping to eat (I got in the ZONE!) I am finished. I just have to wait for my principal to sign a couple of documents and one thing to arrive in the mail, and then I can ship it out.

This is really the only gift I needed for Christmas. I feel so completely free not to have this project hanging over my head anymore. Oh the choices for freetime! I might sew, or read, or even watch TV-ALL WITHOUT GUILT! Fabulous freedom!

I did learn one really important lesson. I am so NOT at a good point in my life for starting my masters degree. That was my original intent, to get started once I finished certification. My kids need to be older, or I need for Jeff's hours to be less before I try that goal. I won't forget about it, but I am not going to drive myself nuts either.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0