DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Poor Lefty

Yesterday evening the boys and I sat down at the kitchen table to make our annual grandparent's Christmas present. We always color pictures which we send off to the "magic factory", (aka Makit Projects) where it is turned into a plate. Evan and Charlie were able to work more or less on their own, but I had Sam on my lap to help him color his picture, and not the table.

I was helping him to hold the marker in his right hand while we worked. Sammy kept trying his hardest to grab it with his left. I thought he was trying to take the marker cap off to chew on. We struggled along like this for about 10 minutes, both of us getting more and more frustrated, when it dawned on me. My kid is a lefty. Which I've known for awhile, but it didn't even occur to me to let him color with his left hand. As soon as I put the marker in the other hand, he sighed happily and got busy.

Poor kid has a door knob for a mother.

2 comments:

Christi said...

You just send Sammy over to our house when he needs some left-handed lovin' since all the girls in this house are "south paws". ;) Its hard ... I find myself handing Joel things towards his left hand all the time without thinking about it and then wonder why he can't seem to figure out what to do with it.

Christi said...

BTW, I'm totally going to look more into the "magic factory" for presents this year ... THANKS!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0