DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I Mean Really

Obviously the Universe did not read my blog post yesterday when I begged for normalcy at our house.

Tonight during dinner, Charlie was trying to adjust himself in his seat, and didn't realize how close to the edge of the bench he was. One second he was there, and the next he wasn't!! He fell right over the edge, and on his way down, smacked (hard) his chin on the corner of the wooden bench. As soon as I looked at it, I knew he needed stitches. It wasn't especially wide, but it was really deep.

My mom flew over as quick as you can say worried grandma to watch Sam and Evan, and then Charlie and I went to Children's Urgent care. Charlie was a star patient, which was the bright side. He did not make a peep throughout the entire experience. Even while strapped to the papoose board with all of his face but his chin covered by a blanket, he didn't cry, or wiggle, or protest in any way.

The funny part was that when it was all over, and they offered him a prize from the chest for being such a big, brave boy, he didn't want anything to do with it. It was like he was thinking, "I have had enough of you weirdo people and your strange ideas. You can keep your stuffed animal!"

So for the next 7 days we have to keep the stitches clean and dry. Two words that don't really apply to boys, so that should really be enjoyable.

I am not even going to jinx myself today by asking for a normal, calm day tomorrow.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0