DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Enough is Enough

For the second time in two weeks, I am in bed with a wicked stomach bug. Yesterday at school I was exhausted in the morning, and felt a bit like my extremities were not attached to my body. By lunchtime I knew I had a fever, and was feeling nauseous. I started throwing up shortly there after. Somehow I made it through the school day.

I actually thought I was feeling a bit better until 8:00 hit, when the vomiting became continuous and I couldn't leave the bathroom. I can't explain to you how badly my stomach hurt. Around 4:00 in the morning, I threw up so violently it came out my nose, I hit my head on the toilet, and I knocked myself out. This was apparently the ticket to feeling a bit better, as when I came to, my stomach felt still enough for me to crawl to the bed and heave myself over the side. I was finally able to sleep around 6 this morning, and I slept until 4:30 this afternoon. I am feeling weak, but much better. Anything would be better than last night.

So, sorry for the TMI, but I always feel better after complaining. Don't you? It makes my suffering feel validated somehow.

I can't believe how sick my family and I have been the last two weeks, and that it is only mid October. I hope this isn't an indication of how bad cold and flu season will be. Maybe we've already been through the worst of it.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Holy cow! That's AWFUL!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0