DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Table Topic Tuesdays

Here's today's Table Topic Tuesday question:
Would you rather be smarter, more athletic, or better looking?

Hmmmm. I am having a REALLY hard time answering this one. I know I should pick smarter. Obviously, that helps you to go far in life.

But if I am honest? Deep down? I would have to pick the more shallow answer and say better looking. When I was a pre-teen and going through the absolute hell of junior high, I was not pretty to look at. I had the worst perm you have ever seen, coke bottle glasses, a face full of acne, and was about 20 pounds over weight. I was teased and bullied mercilessly. It is because of this that NONE of my kids will attend a public junior high. I remember standing once talking to a group of friends before school started in the morning, and a group of boys stood behind me calling my name and barking like dogs.

I will NEVER EVER forget that. I think it still colors my experiences and feelings today. And so if I am honest, I would have to say I would always pick beauty over brains. At least life is less painful, especially as a child.

3 comments:

John and Teresa said...

Kids are just SOOO cruel! That makes me so mad just hearing about it.

Mommy Mo said...

I hated junior high. For me, I was tormented by a boy hurling racial slurs my way every day. I hated him. Still do : ).

I chose beauty too, ha ha.

Adam said...

Well, I had a good junior high experience (as much as I can recall).

But on the topic, I would have to say more athletic as I already have beauty and brains.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0