DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 13, 2009

Driving Alone

Yesterday at school we had parent teacher conferences. Daycare closed before I was done, so Jeff got off work early to come pick up the kids from school.

Which meant that I got to drive home alone. Alone in the car. It NEVER EVER happens to me anymore. I always have at least one or two of the kids in the car with me, but most often it's all three.

When they're not with me? I feel COMPLETELY anxious. Instead of enjoying the wonderful peace and quiet a ride by yourself can provide, I have an overwhelming urge to get home to my babies. I envision the dire things that could happen to me or the kids while we are apart, and I have this feeling I might not see them again. It's not that I don't completely trust Jeff to watch the kids. He is an awesome Dad, and he does a fabulous job. It just feels so unnatural to be separated from them.

Which is probably not healthy. I need to get out more, me thinks.

1 comment:

Christy M. said...

I understand where you're coming from! I'm hardly ever away from my kids and when I am, I feel out of sorts, too. I think we both need to get out more!! For sure ;)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0