DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's That Time Again!

Welcome back to Table Topic Tuesdays!
Here is today's question:
If you were going to create a new holiday what would it be and how would people celebrate it?

Huh. I have thought about this all afternoon. The best I can come up with? Positives Day. I think it would make an excellent Hallmark holiday. This would be a day for you to count up all the GREAT things in your life, especially the small things that you take for granted day to day. You could give people a card telling them that they are one of your positives. You could post a list on your bathroom mirror with all of your wonderfuls.

I don't know about you, but I tend to focus on what is WRONG with everything. I forget to look at the good things. I was reminded of this a couple of times this week.

I read the blog Nie Nie everyday. If you don't read The Nie Nie Dialogues, (by Stephanie Nielson), she is a young mother of 4. She and her husband were in a plane crash in August, and she was critically burned, was in a coma for 4 months, and is now recovering. I think about her everyday, and what she might be going through. It makes me thankful for simple things, like being able to cook my kids dinner, and looking in the mirror and seeing a face that I recognize. These are things that Stehanie misses, that all of us would miss if we lost them, but that we don't pay much attention to on a daily basis.

My uncle is dying this week from lymphoma, a disease he has battled for a long time. I am so sad for him, but I also can't stop thinking about my aunt. I simply cannot imagine loosing Jeff. I need to take more small moments each day to appreciate that he is in my life. That we are healthy. That he is the wonderful man he is and that I am lucky enough to be with him everyday.

So here's to Positives Day, and recognizing the little things that we love, and don't take enough notice of. I'm off to kiss my kids and tell my husband how much I love him.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0