DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Mess

I loved this recent post on Cheaper By the Half Dozen where the author talks about her messy house. One of the things I love about reading blogs is that it makes me feel more normal. Isn't it great to know that you aren't the only one with a messy house, or naughty children, or bad hair?

The state of cleanliness in my house is one of the things that make me anxious on a daily basis. I don't just love neatness and order, I CRAVE it. It makes me feel calm and happy and in control. Unfortunately as a working mom with 3 boys and a husband who is never home, I never ever have enough time to clean. It is usually relegated to the weekends. But so are a million other things, and I never get to what I want to.

The other day I was exercising in the living room to one of my favorite exercise DVDs, when the woman on the TV screen ordered me to the floor for some push ups. The upside of this move was that the filth I was suddenly confronted with in an in your face manner totally distracted me from the torture of this inhumane form of exercise. The downside was that I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had vacuumed.

I berated myself for several minutes for not doing a better job. And then I remembered. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! And isn't that great? It helps a lot to know there are a lot of other dirty houses in America. My carpet may be full of fuzzies, but at least the kids are happy.

1 comment:

Christy M. said...

OMG! Some days I WISH I had carpet to cammouflage some of the mess on my tile floors. Dog hair, Cheerios, dust bunnies, etc. I feel like I live with a broom in my hand!

You are in no way, shape, or form the only mom with a messy house. Trust me. Almost every mom I know would back me up on this one!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0