DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Conferences

I am in the middle of my least favorite part of teaching-conferences. I don't dislike the concept of conferences-I LOVE getting the chance to talk one on one with my student's families. Having a relationship with the parents completely enhances the school/home relationship. What I HATE about conferences is talking for 13 hours straight. I started at 7:30 this morning, and I won't be done until 8:30 tonight. I feel bad for the parents who are scheduled at the end of the night, because by then, I am completely tongue tied, and I have no idea who I've said what to. This year, it has also been a struggle to sit still on a 12 inch high chair when the baby is sitting on my nerve, and my tailbone is aching like the dickens, and to not go to the bathroom for 3 hours straight. TORTURE!! On the bright side, I have the best class ever this year, and I have the pleasure of sharing a lot of good news with their parents. The next time you attend your child's conferences, make the teacher deliriously happy and bring them a Diet Coke. They will love you forever, and treat your little one like a prince or princess. Not that we can bribed or anything...

1 comment:

Adam said...

hehe... (to your Diet Coke joke (except it's not really a joke (I hope you know what I mean))

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0