DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 14, 2005

Croup

I was peacefully asleep the night before last, dreaming about eating pickles while shopping for prego underwear at Old Navy (yes, pickles are my current INTENSE craving. Not just any pickles, mind you, but Vlassic crunchy dill pickles. I may have eaten an entire jar recently myself, but that is beside the point) when the door to our bedroom opened and in walked a barking seal (aka Evan with a bad case of the croup).

I hate the croup! Poor Evan gets it at least once a year, and it is always a doozy since he has asthma. So, at 4:30 in the morning, we were up and getting in a good nebulizer treatment, and getting him full of Ibuprofen. The interesting thing for me about this bout of the croup, is that I didn't get up in the middle of the night by myself. Jeff got up with me too! And then...he stayed home with Evan, so I could be with my class who were in charge of our school Mass. He even took Evan to the doctor, got his prescription filled, and then bought him a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. What a guy! This is a new concept for me, having someone else to share the yuckies with.

So today it is my turn, and I am home with the barking Evan. He is a little buggy, since he is on a presription for steroids to help his lungs. He always has a hard time sitting still and he wants to eat EVERYTHING! But, whatever we need to do to get him better is fine with me.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0