DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sitting On My Head

When we went in for our ultrasound, we discovered that Charlie is breach. He is sitting with his head under my ribs and his feet closest to my pelvis. This is bad. If he stays like this and refuses to move, I will have to get a C-section, which I have NO desire to do. The doctor thinks it might have something to do with the fact that the placenta has attached at the top of the uterus, perhaps making it uncomfortable, or even impossible for him to turn the other direction. In the meantime, I am supposed to sit in this ridiculous position for 20 minutes each night. I call it sitting on my head. I have to lay on the floor, with my feet against a wall, with 4 bedpillows under my hips. Now, this is not comfortable at any time, much less when you are pregnant. All of this is supposed to encourage Charlie to turn a somersalt and get head down. Charlie hates it as much as I do. He pummels me the whole time as if to say, "What are you DOING to me lady?!!!" I also am supposed to play music to him at the pelvis level to encourage him to turn that way. So far, I have tried John Denver and the Mamas and the Papas, which Jeff says is just encouraging him to stay where he is. After the 20 minutes are up, all the blood has rushed to my head, I am nauseous, and my hips feel out of joint. Charlie has turned twice after doing this, but he always reverts back to his old position. I am really worried he won't stay put. So, if all of you could offer some prayers, or good brain waves in our direction, I would really appreciate it. I keep trying to tell myself only 14 more weeks of standing on your head while carrying a bowling ball in my stomach, but somehow this just doesn't make me feel better.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0