DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 05, 2005

I HATE LEAVES

Today I spent about two hours raking leaves. Jeff is in charge of the backyard, and I do the front since it slopes so much, and it is hard for him to keep his balance. We have a HUGE 40 year old Maple tree in the front, and I despise it with a passion. Every spring I pray that it will be hit with lightening, or be struck with a terrible tree disease. In the fall it dumps buckets of leaves on the ground, and in the spring it dumps buckets of those stupid helicopter seeds. So, we basically end up raking about twice a year. We looked into having it removed but when we discovered that would cost about $3000.00 we knew we were stuck with the wretched thing. I felt really good while I was doing it, and was so impressed with myself that I was able to say I am 7 months pregnant and I raked the yard! Then I went inside and sat down for awhile to relax. When I tried to stand up-OUCH! I feel like my hips are disconnected from the rest of my body. The sad part is that the tree isn't even finished losing all of it's leaves! I know the ground will be covered again tomorrow when I wake up.

In baby news, Charlie's room is painted, and the wallpaper came in yesterday, so we are going to put that up soon. It is SOOOO cute! It has little monkeys that are reminiscent of Curious George everywhere. I will post pictures when it is finished. Meanwhile, my dad is replacing all of the woodwork in that room with white woodwork, and the doors with six paneled white doors. It is the nicest room in the house! I have the changing table ordered, and as soon as the wallpapering and such is done, we are going to get the crib. I am feeling much better about being prepared for little Charlie to get here. At least things are moving along! My awesome friend Christi has generously offered to host a baby shower for us. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Christi (the other one) can't wait for your shower either!!!! :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0