DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Babies are a LOT of work!

Okay...most of you are probably thinking "DUH!" But, when you haven't had one around for awhile, you forget! I babysat for my nephew Colin yesterday while Sarah and Luke went to the game. I love spending time with him. He is the sweetest little thing in the world. It is also good for me to have him around, because I have completely forgotten what it is like to not even be able to go to the bathroom by yourself, because you have a baby underfoot. They are so worth it, but my goodness. You have no time for yourself!
I also took him out to lunch with me. We went with my Aunt Connie, who was in from St. Louis. He was an angel the entire time. The experience reminded me though that leaving the house involves planning for a World War III invasion while packing the diaper bag (where you have to imagine every possible event and bring a piece of baby equipment along to deal with it), and that once you get there you look like a pack horse as you carry in the baby, the diaper bag, your purse, etc.
It is amazing to me how many people feel comfortable commenting to me on my sex life when I travel with Colin. Last weekend, I took him to the grocery store with me. People inevitably look from me (and my stomach) to Colin, roll their eyes, and jump to conclusions. The checker said to me, "Well, you and your husband are certainly productive aren't you!" Sheesh. Yesterday as I was waiting at Ruby Tuesdays for the rest of my family to get there, a guy who looked to be in college actually LAUGHED at us! He said, "I guess you've never heard of birth control!" People can be so rude. Evan inevtiably will tell them "It's not our baby!" I'm really not sure if that helps the situation, because that could also be taken in a million wrong ways.

1 comment:

Adam said...

"But probably I would assume that you were babysitting."

I wouldn't! I'd be thinking, "d@mn, they're busy!" but I wouldn't say anything.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0