DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend of Birthdays!

Friday was Jeff's birthday...the big 32. We celebrated by going out to dinner at the Upstream sans kiddos, and then to a movie to see Righteous Kill. I've never like Al Pacino or Robert DeNiro, except of course in Meet the Parents. I don't like shoot 'em ups, but I enjoyed this movie! And I guess it was just nice in general to be out with Jeff. Alone. Without toddlers.

Saturday was my dad's birthday...the big 56. An age which used to seem ancient until my parents got there. Now it doesn't seem that bad. I took the boys over to my parents where all of my aunts and uncles had gathered to watch the Nebraska game. The three boys loved running amok through the house, and the maze of grown up legs; racing in and out of the backyard, back through the house, past the kitchen table to grab a handful of goodies. A lot of handfuls. They all stuffed themselves on chips and dips. It's neat to see my kids and Sarah's kids be so close. A good time was had by all.

Today I am hoping to do a whole lot of nothing! I am really tired, so I plan to put my feet up and watch me some NFL. Go Packers!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0