DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What I've Learned on Maternity Leave

Yesterday Charlie was 6 weeks old already! As I was reflecting over the past six weeks I discovered something that was pretty unexpected for me. I have found that I would dearly, dearly love to be a stay at home mom. I didn't really expect to feel this way. When I had Evan, perhaps because I had to do everything on my own, I really welcomed the return to work as it gave me some time off from baby care. I feel completely differently this time. Maybe it is because I am older and more confident and relaxed when it comes to child rearing. At any rate, I have an intense desire to stay home and care for my own kids. I feel a little guilty thinking this, since I have about the best daycare situation you can ask for. Charlie will go to daycare in the same place where I work, and his caregiver will be a sweet woman named Brenda and Charlie's grandma. Of course, there is that part about being off for the summer too.
I love my kiddos at school, but I wish the time I spend caring for other people's children could be spent with my own. I know it isn't possible right now for a variety of reasons, and I understand that and know it can't be changed. But, I guess I just know now that my first love is being a mom, and being with my own children.

2 comments:

Adam said...

What reasons prevent you from being a stay at home mom?

Christi said...

Just do it! I need a stay at home mom buddy to hang out with! ;) But I'll settle for enjoying you all summer for now.

Six weeks already?!?!?! Wow.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0