DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Jeff and Christy Get Older Still

I am walking around my house today feeling slightly queasy at all times...NO! I am NOT pregnant again (as Jeff asks me with a look of extreme terror whenever I have a body twinge). Jeff and I have taken a step even bigger than buying couches toward adulthood. We are in the process of buying a house. EEK!! We are in the middle of going through the pre-qualification process, and we are meeting with our real estate agent today at four to go through some houses. I feel very duplicitous (I LOVE that word!) about the whole thing. On the one hand, I know this makes financial sense for our family, as well as space sense (I can't imagine being able to crawl into bed at night with more than 6 inches between me, the wall, the bed, and Charlie). I salivate at the thought of being able to get a pan out of my kitchen cupboard without being buried under an avalanche of kitchen crap. I would also kill to have a master bathroom, in which I am not sharing makeup space with my children's bath toys. On the other hand, I want to wretch at the thought of leaving our current house. It is the first place I have lived on my own. I felt like I had conquered Mount Everest when Evan and I moved in. It is the first place I have felt like a competent mother. I also feel the love of my Dad every time I see something he and I have fixed up together. I can't stand change.


I am, however, excited to see this first house we are looking at today. It has such unbelievable luxeries as a GARAGE DOOR OPENER, a SPRINKLER SYSTEM, and my personal favorite, an INTERCOM SYSTEM!!! I can just imagine myself calling to Jeff in other parts of the house and making stupid comments to irritate him, or asking him to do things. What entertainment! I won't mind that we won't be able to afford going out anymore if I can just annoy my husband for a good laugh or two.

1 comment:

Adam said...

LOL!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0