DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 20, 2006

Snow Day Updates

It's been forever since I've written, so I am going to take advantage of the fabulous snow day we are having to update everything...


House Hunting: Jeff, the boys, and I went through six houses about a week ago, and we have looked through countless listings since then. We found some things we liked in each house, but none of them jumped out at us. In fact, they all had at least one thing wrong with each of them. For example, one had a lot that backed up to a train track, one had been reposessed and had holes in the wall, one had 2 of the bedrooms downstairs, one had rooms that were all crooked, etc etc. We did come to one valuable conclusion though. We really think we need a true ranch style house to fit our family's needs right now. This is good to know, but hard to find. We are looking exclusively in Millard because of the special ed services for Evan. There are not a lot of these homes in this area. We have a couple more to look through before we need to come to the conclusion that we will have to build. Which is also good and bad. It would give us the opportunity to make things exactly as we want them (like no stairs leading into the house or the garage) but it is also an organizational undertaking. This makes Jeff nervous and me excited. I LOVE to plan projects and organize. I love to be in charge. So...we will see what happens. Right now I am having a great time going through houses. There is nothing more exciting!!!

Charlie: Charlie had his two month check up on Friday. Jeff was off from work, so the whole family got to come along. He got his first set of shots, and that went well. No unusual reactions, just a slight fever and some discomfort. He is now 15 pounds 3 ounces, and 25 inches long. (This would explain him wearing the 9 month clothing). The bad news was that he has developed a fairly disgusting case of eczyma on his face (although this means I will never have to worry about him serving in the armed forces-a worthwhile trade off!) and a gross case of cradle cap (or cradle crap, as I think of it). He is also having some trouble with his head. Because of how he was positioned in the womb, he wants to always turn his head to the right. So much so that his neck muscles are getting shortened on the other side, and his head is getting a little flat on that side. The doctor said we really need to work on it, or he will have to wear one of those little helmets to help shape his head. Ugh. So...we are diligently pushing his head in the other direction now, which Charlie doesn't really appreciate.

Being back at work: I have been back with my kiddos for a week and a day now. I have mixed feelings here. I am enjoying being back with my class a lot, but I miss Charlie TERRIBLY! I feel so torn. My class did the nicest thing for me on Thursday. The parents came in while my class was at recess and set up a baby shower. When we walked in the room they all shouted surprise and the room was all decorated with monkeys and bananas. We played games, the kids ate bananas and banana bread, and I got a TON of stuff. Charlie is going to be the best dressed boy at daycare. My favorites are an outfit that feature the Very Hungry Catepillar (how perfect for the teacher's kid!) and an outfit from Gymboree (one of my favorite baby stores) that has a monkey sweater with matching jungle printed pants. They even had a baseball hat shaped like a monkey for me to wear during the party. What a wonderful place to work where the parents are so supportive. It makes me feel guilty for wanting to be at home. Charlie has adjusted well to daycare (since Grandma Kathy is his teacher, how could he not?) I am the one who is having issues and temper tantrums. I get to visit him during two of my breaks in the day, so at least I can have some hugs while I am missing him so much. His kissable chubby cheeks have make him a popular new addition to the baby room. Only 42 more days of school though till summer!!!


So that is life in the Micek Kleffman house. Lots of big changes coming up for us!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, some of us don't get snow days. (But I get to wear jeans to work!)

Do you have a realtor? They do the house hunting for you. It's nice.

Christi and I would love to build a house, but 1) it's more expensive and 2) I worry we won't agree on stuff! Which reminds me, Christi wanted to look at this lot I found...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0