DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Missing

I have been feeling really sad about something lately, but it really hit me today when I was reading how much it bothers me. I am reading the book Ya Yas in Bloom, the companion to Divine Secrets. The author talks in part of it about how women treasure relationships that offer them a sense of intense femininity and a bond/connection to other women, and how these types of friendships can inspire us to greater things. I had this with a very special friend for the last 14 years. She was someone that I felt an intimate bond with, and in many ways I felt closer to her than anyone else on earth. It is hard for me to describe what this friendship has meant to me over the years, and how much it has saved me at many different points during my life. Even through the seperation of distance and time we had managed to remain extremely close.


After Charlie was born, my family called to tell this friend all about the birth and that he was okay. I called and left a message shortly after we arrived home from the hospital, anxious for a chat about the new little one in my life. I haven't heard from her. Charlie will be two months old next Friday, and she hasn't called or written. It really devastates me. Even if I felt I couldn't relate to something that was happening in her life, if I knew it was important to her, or if it was a major life event, I would offer my support. I would CALL at the very least. I feel like someone has chopped my arm off, and that a huge part of my life is missing. It makes me so sad.


I am really lucky to be surrounded by many other women that I can rely on and am lucky enough to call friends. I know I have to let this go, and that I will continue to be inspired by the other fantastic women in my life. It just makes me sad that that is what has to happen.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Sorry, sweetie. Her loss!!!!!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0