DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Don't Burn Your Eyes

On Monday morning, my curling iron gave up the fight and died (it was at least 6 years old, so I forgave it). I got a new curling iron that afternoon, and was taking it out of the package when I noticed there was a warning attached to the bottom. It had a picture of a large eyeball with a curling iron sticking out of it, and the big NO circle (the one with the line running across). I thought to myself, surely this doesn't mean don't stick in your eye, who could be that stupid? So I turned the tag over, and sure enough it said "This curling iron becomes hot when plugged in. Do not stick the iron in your eye. It will burn." I am quoting VERBATUM!!! Now, if it had said don't use near your eye AREA, I could understand that. But WHO WOULD STICK IT IN THEIR EYE????? Our intelligence must be decreasing as we evolve. I am so excited to have these people in my classroom. Maybe someday I will have to teach, "No, you can't stick the pencil in your eye. You might poke it out!"


I wrote a couple of posts ago about how our changing table was missing about half of it's parts when it arrived in the package. I called last Monday to get the parts resent, and they arrived on Friday. I happily opened the package on Saturday, and got started assembling things only to discover they still hadn't sent all the parts!!!! So I had to call AGAIN. Maybe the thing was packaged by the very same people who try to curl their eyeballs with curling irons. I am surrounded by idiots.


For instance, the idiots who work at Shopko. (Not inlcuding past employees of course, Adam and Asten). I went on Sunday, and noticed they had a baby swing on clearance. The model was directly above the price tag that said CLEARANCE (in capital letters) and $55.67. Below it was a box, holding the exact same model. The tag had the same wording as the model, and the box describing the product. One might assume then that the swing was on clearance for $55.67. Not so in Shopko land! After having it ring up wrong, and arguing with the person they sent to check on the price, I requested a manager. She told me, "Mam, this price is not for this swing." I pointed out the obvious about the description, the wording, the placement, and she still looked at me baffled, but refused to give me the clearance price. At this point I was a 33 weeks pregnant lady who had been waiting and arguing in line for 45 minutes. She learned a valuable lesson. DO NOT MESS WITH PREGNANT WOMEN. THEY BITE! I felt my face get red with frustration, and said, fine. Just give me your name, and I will be reporting you, your store, and your department to the Better Business Bureau. Suddenly, the swing was on clearance, and she gave me the right price. HONESTLY!!!!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Here's a warning tag that I thought was unique!

fatal to pet birds

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0