DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2005

Contractions

I have been having an amazing amount of Braxton Hix contractions all through last night and today. Our birth class guru has mentioned several times that these are not supposed to hurt. As usual, my body has decided not to go along with "normal". A few of them have been DOOZIES! I have had to stop what I am doing, sit down, and breathe through it. This happened a couple of times at school today, scaring the pants off of my associate in my classroom. I think she was preparing herself to deliver the baby in front of 30 six year olds by the end of the day. I called the doctor, and she said that as long as they are not regular, that it's okay. It's just my body helping Charlie to engage in my pelvis, and to get ready for birth. She did say to get off my feet more during the day and just sit, but this is MUCH easier said than done as a first grade teacher. I am so glad that Christmas break is coming up!!I am 35 weeks now, so at least we are almost to the end. I remember doing this with Evan, but I forgot how silly it makes me feel to be in the middle of something and have to stop and just breathe!

1 comment:

Adam said...

How exciting!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0