DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Placenta Thing

As you all know, I am a big fan of seeing the placenta at birth. Knowing this, my friend Christi sent me this amazing website:

http://www.birthdiaries.com/diary/48vbirth2.htm


As I hope you have just seen, this shows what some women do when having a home birth with a midwife. They use the placenta, and the blood from the placenta, to make a print which comes out looking amazingly like a tree. When I saw this I was amazed. The print is kind of cool, but I don't think I could do this. The pictures show a woman calmly sitting on the floor with a placenta that isn't even HERS, unrolling it and carefully wiping the blood on the placenta to make the print. That is amazing dedication, mixed in with an incredible power of mind over body to not get nauseous. I love the idea of the print, but I don't like to think about the method of getting it. Lucky for Jeff, I don't think my doctor or midwife would okay doing this in the hospital.

1 comment:

Christi said...

It is gross, but very cool at the same time!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0