DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 23, 2005

Nesting

We got out of school for break on Wednesday at 12:00. In his usual Christmas fashion, Evan got sick on Tuesday evening with a fever, a barking cough, and a severe headache. I did a mommy/school no no (I hate people that do this so I am such a hypocrite) and I made him go to school Wednesday for the half day while he was totally contagious. I didn't want to take one of my precious sick days, and Jeff is out of his occasional leave as well. We went to the doctor that afternoon and he has something called Adeno Virus. It got worse yesterday when his fever spiked to 103.4 and he began vomitting as well (this is fun on a normal occassion, but REALLY fun while pregnant!) Today I think his fever has finally broken, but now he is coughing green mucus out of his lungs-never a good sign with an asthmatic. Evan tends to get sick with something every year either right before Christmas or on Christmas Day. Last year he came down with pink eye on Christmas morning! I think he gets so excited he wears down his immune system, and he picks up something every time.

I did get out of the house for a bit this morning, and I registerd for Charlie at Target! What could be more fun!!! I LOVE using that little scanner. It is so much easier the second time around, because I know more what I need and what looks fun but would never use. (It is unbelievable the amount of gadgets that are out there for babies). It was so much fun to pick out all the cute little things. I am getting so excited for Charlie to arrive! Now that we finally have most of the furniture and room assembled, I have put the baby clothes away. We got a carseat last weekend, and learned all the in and outs of the thing at our last child birth class last Tuesday. So, it looks like we are down to the nitty gritty, and just have to wait for labor to start and for Charlie to arrive!

My dad's side of the family is coming to my house for dinner on Christmas day so I am off to tackle a lot of cleaning and sprucing up. I've actually been looking forward to cleaning everything out. I am starting to have those intense nesting urges. I deep cleaned the kitchen yesterday, and I felt so much better. Not that the kitchen will matter much to the baby, but it made me feel better. I hesitate to open a closet lately because I get a crazy itch to clean it out right then and there.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0