DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Stuff

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is gone and over already. I am having some Sunday night after vacation before going back to work doldrums. Why do vacations always have to go so fast and work so slow?

Our holiday was nice, if different than expected. Since I am under travel restrictions from the doctor (I can't go more than 40 minutes away from the hospital) I wasn't able to go with Jeff to celebrate in Harlan. His family got together for the first time since his grandfather died a couple of years ago, so he really wanted to be with them. I really wish Evan and I had been able to join them. I am feeling a little stir crazy stuck here in the Big O all of the time, but I guess better safe than sorry. So, Evan and I went to my parent's house, where we celebrated with my Grandma Rose and all of my siblings. It was nice, but I missed Jeff.

Friday, I got up at 5:45 and was in the mad shopping rush to get the good deals by 6:15. It's always a little crazy, but you can save so much money! I got some good Santa deals, and I crossed a couple of other people off of my list. Then, Evan and my sister Sarah and I headed over to my Aunt Julie's house where my mom and all of the Daley women always gather on the day after Thanksgiving to make our annual batch of Christmas cookies. (And I am talking HUNDREDS of cookies!!) When we're finished we divide them all up, and each family has a nice stash to offer holiday guests. I love this tradition in my family-we bake, eat, gossip, and spend time just as women. Evan was a great helper this year-he decorated sugar cookies for hours! He can have the patience of a Saint when he wants too. He really enjoys baking. It is something we have done together since he was little.

Saturday my dad came over and helped to put up our outdoor Christmas lights, and I decorated the house. In the evening, Jeff's dad John came down and we went out to dinner at Applebees. It meant a lot to me that he came down to spend time with us, since I couldn't make it up on Thursday. It was really nice to see him, since I hadn't since the wedding. He is a really nice person. I lucked out with him as a father in law!! All of the Kleffmans are such nice, down to earth, good people.

Today, we decorated our Christmas tree, and Evan and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I really enjoyed it, but I think I would have been really confused with the plot if I hadn't read the book. They had to skip around so much and move so quickly that I wonder if it would make any sense at all to someone who just sees the movies, or isn't a huge Harry fan. Evan loved it. It was the only book in the series that I didn't read aloud to Evan, because there were so many "dark" parts, but I thought the movie did an excellent job in toning it down so that kids and smaller fans could watch in comfort. This afternoon, Jeff and I finally opened the box to the changing table, all ready to put it together and get some things done in the baby's room, only to find they didn't send us any of the hardware, four of the major sections of the piece, and two of the pieces were damaged. I would not reccomend any Ameriwood products to anyone.

Anyway, back to real life tomorrow. Blech! Only 3 more weeks until Christmas break though. That will be great. And, of course, only a couple of weeks after that and we get the best present ever-Charlie!!! I am an amazing 32 weeks today! I can't believe it has gone this fast.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0