DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fly Away Binkies, Fly Home Thumbs

Remember how the binkies in our house flew away about a week ago to be with a new baby who really needed them?

It's not going to badly, actually. A lot better than I thought it would. We had a couple of outraged bedtimes and naptimes, and that was about it. Charlie is especially doing a great job. He even got a toy car from our super pediatrician when we went in for an ear check as a reward. (Isn't it cool he noticed? And that he would make a big deal out of it with my toddler? I seriously love Dr. B).

Sammy, on the other hand, has replaced one bad habit with another. When he was a tiny infant, we noticed the occasional thumb sucking with him. I remember him popping his thumb in his mouth within the first hours after birth in fact, but it was quickly replaced with a binky.

Not anymore. Whenever I check Sammy at night before going to bed, there is a thumb in his mouth. When he's sitting and watching TV? Thumb in his mouth. When he's reading a book (usually Green Eggs and Ham)? Thumb in his mouth. This is my kid who didn't inherit straight baby teeth either. When I see him with that thumb in his mouth, I am picturing him as a 9 year old with braces. Too bad his thumb can't fly away with the binkies!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0