DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Life After Children

Friday night Jeff and I had wanted to go out to dinner and a movie, but we couldn't find a babysitter. We haven't been out just the two of since early January, and pre-tax season. So, instead Jeff made a Dairy Queen run (I let myself indulge in my favorite Peanut Buster Parfait) and we watched an episode of Dallas and Dynasty together. Nothing big, but it was really nice to have a treat and spend quiet time together. It's amazing how the small things seem like bigger things after you have kids.

I picked Evan up a new DS today at Walmart, same color (red) even. He was ecstatic to be reunited with his favorite toy.

We spent two hours outside today with the kids. Charlie went up and down the slide almost the whole time. He is absolutely addicted to it. Jeff is teaching both Evan and I to throw and catch a football, and we played almost the whole time we were out. By the time we were done, I was getting a lot better! My arm is now killing me though. I figured since I couldn't beat all the testosterone around here, I better just join in.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Aww, that sounds like such a great weekend!

You know anytime you want to kid swap for a night out, I'm game! I can't remember the last time Adam and I went out together.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0