DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 24, 2008

On The Verge

As I was looking at Evan walk around the house this morning getting ready for school, it suddenly struck me how grown up he is starting to look. I thought to myself that if I didn't know this kid, I might take him to be a 5th or 6th grader. He comes up to my chin, and is quickly loosing that round baby face. His features are starting to get that "young man" look to them-just a little more chiseled. All dressed in his school uniform with his messenger bag thrown over his shoulder, (the latest craze at school... It is so NOT cool to have a backpack!) he looked so preppy and put together. The detail that brought tears to my eyes though was the blankie thrown over his shoulder. Just a glimpse of that baby I used to rock to sleep. He is so on the verge of being a tween, but I am so glad he hasn't totally grown up. I can see the man he will become starting to peek through, but I am so not ready to give up my little guy. Why is it that the thing we work so hard for as mothers (successful grown up children) is also the thing that is so hard to move towards?

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Swidget 1.0